So, I've had a pretty stressful week. I've got some legal crap that I can't seem to get my lawyer's help with, work is driving me nuts, my cell phone broke and the replacement they sent me doesn't work and to top it all off I've had a migraine headache since Monday. Not the best week! When I get home at night I could easily just crawl into bed. But, then my real job, mommy, starts. My sweet Celia has been an angel. She just senses that I'm not myself. She's been super snuggly and affectionate. Also, she's been a super good 'minder'. I've heard more "ok mommy's" and "sures" then I can ever remember. And she's all about helping out, going potty by herself and cleaning up. Last night I was on the phone with Verizon for a small eternity. So, we were up late. By the time it was bedtime I just wanted to pass out. I didn't even make Celia sleep in her bed. I just put her in with me to save the battle and get to sleep sooner. (Lazy mom moment.) As soon as I turned off the lights I heard, "Mommy, we didn't read our scriptures!". What an angel! How could I make excuses for that? So we turned the light back on and read some scriptures. And wouldn't you know it, the passage was just the comfort I needed. I can't even begin to express how Celia has blessed my life. She is my inspiration in so many ways. She lights up my life, and has show me what joy is. She has taught me more than I will probably ever teach her. And she constantly reminds me to "choose the right". I'm writing this at work, and missing her terribly. I just talked to her a few minutes ago and she said "I have to ask you a question. Will you come home in 40 minutes?". I had to explain that I would be home a little later than 40 minutes. Like after naptime. She didn't complain. She just told me she loved me and hoped that I have a good day. I long for the day when I can be a stay at home mom! There is not one thing that I will miss as a working mom. It's just not worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment