Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm a very proud mom!

If you ever read my blog, it's pretty obvious that I completely adore my little Celia. I just think she is so charming, funny, and incredibly brilliant. It makes me so proud to see in her traits that I've always wanted in myself. Like being outgoing and a total social butterfly. Celia just has this innate way of gathering friends. She always seems to be in the middle of the group, guiding the play and including others. I love that.
I love her sensitivity. She feels so deeply for being so young. She can tell when the least, tiniest thing is bothering me or others. And she'll do her best to fix it and make it better. Take the last week or so. I've been in a bit of a funk. I just haven't felt great, and emotionally I'm pretty tapped out. I've prayed for the strength to get through it all and be back to myself. Last night I got home late and my mom had Celia with her at the store. When she finally got home, she was so happy to see me. I had my newsletter to work on and a few other things to do. But, I felt the strongest prompting just to spend the time with her and to put the other things aside. We only had about two hours together before bed. Those were such precious hours though! And we didn't do anything out of the ordinary. My mind and heart were completely with her. I turned off my anxiety and worry and just concentrated on her. Her little smile and excitement at having my attention drew me complely out of my little funk. And today, I fell better. Situationally, things aren't any different. I am though. Celia's unconditional love has strengthen me and given me the perspective to see that things will be ok. I don't think she'll ever know how those small moments alone with her, bring me so much joy. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father allowed her to be mine. I learn more from her than I think she'll ever learn from me!

Randee sent this cute little picture to me today. Celia wanted 'fluffy hair'. So, we put her hair in braids last night. Apparently the effect today is pretty 80's and she loves it. She's been watching her 'Yoga Kids' DVD almost every day. And she's so good at it! She's so bendy it just amazes me. This is her tree pose. I'm so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where in the world??

Some Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones